Mayor George Moss speaks to Kiwanis club

Mayor George Moss spoke to the Kiwanis club Monday, September 24th about his first almost 100 days in office (86 to be precise). He said it has been a whirlwind ride. One of the first things that happened was the discovery of mold in City Hall. If you are not allergic it doesn’t bother you but the mayor and a new employee Angel Martin were affected by it. The mold was in the carpet, the air conditioning system and the back wall in the city attorney’s office. Servpro, out of Monroe, was able to come in and get rid of the mold for a very reasonable price. All the employees had to be moved to the Utility Office for a time. After the walls are painted and the floors redone they will be able to move back to City Hall. In the Allen building they removed a wall and shored up a beam. They have requested a grant to fix problems in that building.

Mayor Moss said they have added to the road crew so they are mowing again. The electric men are removing limbs from the right of ways. This should cut down on power outages. Also the ground water tank has to be replaced. They have gotten a bond to replace it. They can add one more person the electric/water department and that person could also work on streets.

 

 

To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition http://www.etypeservices.com/Winn%20Parish%20EnterpriseID437/

Rate this article: 
No votes yet