Columbia Resident Perishes In House Fire NFPA Offers Winter Fire Safety Tips

On December 22, 2017, a resident of neighboring Caldwell Parish perished in a house fire. As a result the Louisiana State Fire Marshal issued the following Press Release.

“Columbia, LA – State Fire Marshal investigators continue to review the circumstances surrounding a deadly fire late Friday where a woman died.

Investigators responded to 349 Henry Martin Road in Columbia late Friday, December 22, after fire crews responded to a report of a residential structure fire shortly before 11:00 p.m. Upon arrival, firefighters observed the home fully engulfed in flames. After entering the structure, firefighters found the body of 48-year-old Rebecca Dianne Baugh.

After being examined by investigators, the victim’s body was released to the Ouachita Parish coroner for autopsy. Preliminary findings indicate that Baugh died from smoke inhalation.

 

To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition http://www.etypeservices.com/Winn%20Parish%20EnterpriseID437/

Rate this article: 
No votes yet