Out of the Past: Winn Parish Library

Staff Historians found this account of the history of Winn parish library which was published in the December 5, 1940 issue of our newspaper. “HISTORY OF WINN PARISH LIBRARY” The Winn Parish public library began to walk by itself for the first time July 1, 1940. It ceased at that time to be a demonstration library, supported and supervised by the state and became a parish controlled institution. When the first book issued under the new arrangement the library passed from the state of infancy to maturity, thereby having proved its usefulness to the people which it had served.
 
Rate this article: 
No votes yet